Important things to remember:
1. Once the process is initiated and you’ve given consent, the Health Care Provider will respond within two business days. If they are away, you will receive an out of office notice.
2. Other people or community partners can also receive email communication from Waypoint with your approval. This requires signing the consent to release personal health information form.
3. Emails from Waypoint are not encrypted, and may be vulnerable to access by unauthorized persons.
4. Emails sent from Waypoint are scanned for viruses.
5. Your employer has the right to review emails you receive on their computers, to ensure your privacy, you should use a personal email account.
6. Web based email addresses, such as Hotmail and Gmail, are not hosted on Canadian soil and are not protected by Ontario or Canadian Privacy laws.
7. To protect your privacy:
* choose a secure
* remember to sign out of
* don’t print, forward or
leave your email open on